december 21, 2009

Day 7. Snow..

This blog will be a rant against the dutch climate. IT SUCKS!

Don't get me wrong, snow is awesome. It's like endless entertainment for kids and youngsters. We used to built  fortresses and have enormous snowbal fights with all the kids from the neighbourhood. And i don't mean like 5-10 kids.. no back then, it was a group of 15 against 15. How we managed to organise it still confuses me.. we didn't had cellphones back then.. Nor did we had msn.. heck we didn't even had a pc in that era...

Now the coolest thing back then was that i for some reason can throw stuff really hard.. snowballs, baseballs at school.. everything.. It's just something i`m good at.. well.. used to be good at.. I`m old now :(

Snowfall was the best time of a year.. The entire year i was a geek and really nerdy.. Being skinny didn't help too. But when the first snowflocks were spotted i gained inmortality in my neighbourhood.. I rushed to my room, put on my favourite sweaters, tshirts.. my jogging pants, jeans over them.. 2 pair of socks and my boots.. I was ready for serious carnage. I think i was about 12 at that time and probably made my first Headshots in that period. Out i went and the first kids followed my example and we gathered around this playing field at the back of our house. More and more kids arrived and we started to devide the teams. This was my favourite moment of the year. There was always a arguement wether team A or B got to have me in their team. Man that fellt good. There was one mate of mine who moved in our neighbourhood later, who could throw really hard too, so that made things a bit easier each year.

Now, Nowadays.. When it starts snowing i still have a little smile on my face when i think back of the fun we had back then. But then i get reminded that it prolly will be very cold on my way to work. And annoying to have snow getting blown in my face the entire 30 minutes i`m walking to my collegue every morning. A big difference with my childhood is that on my way to work i  don`t put on 2 sweaters, 2 pairs of pants and socks. So yes, it's much colder. I don't like it when i'm cold.. Makes me feel poor cause i have no means to warm myself.. I know it's rediculous but when i`m at home and somebody forgot to turn on the heater i get highly frustrated. It's the first thing i do when i get home or get out bed, walk downstairs, put on the heater to around 21 degrees celcius and take a shower. Now, when i get home from work, and nobody is home, usually they have turned off the heater  to save energy and very poisinous emissions (Yeah right...).

I don't like the winter anymore.. Eventho everything looks beautifull being it covered with snow, it still loses the battle against all the agony i feel from basicly being cold the entire day. Driving lessons on the other hand are a great source of entertainment now that everything is slippery!! Man i had tons of fun driving around corners and secretly hit the brakes when the instructor wasn't paying attention. In a weird way he is a good instructor, he knows a lot about driving and can explain really good. The problem i have with him is his attitude. He's not rude or anything, he just likes to brag about basicly everything. And he has a need to tell everything he thinks is cool and funny. Nothing wrong with that, but a important  factor that plays around stories like that is a sence of reality, and he really lacks that. It's all crap he tells me.. everything doesn't make sence and he overreacts when i doubt his stories. Classic case of someone who's never experiencing something bothering telling about and just makes up his own stories. Well i suppose it's better then a instructor that doesn't talk at all during  the one and a half hour lessons.. That would be very awkward and weird.

Warcrack is a bit so so lately, i'm a bit in doubt which toon to play to be honest. I'm bored with my Deathknight tank to gear up.. need to farm normal IC isntances for badges and well i have done loads of them allready. My druid is in a bit of the same at the moment and my warlock is a little bit done with dpsíng. I know it's a dps class, it's his calling to do insane damage and he's pretty good at it. But now that i have a tank and a healer, i miss a purpose and a role in instances.. not just stand still and bash my keyboard.

Warcrack will gain my interrest again soon.. For now i just log in to have a chat and help people out that need it.


Till the next blog,


Ciao!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Over mij

Mijn foto
Zaandam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
If i'm chatty and friendly, i'm plotting to assasinate you..